Academy 39: Summer 2011
- What is a PLN?
- Tools for starting your PLN
- Share time
- Quick Tour
- Professional Use? Personal Use?
- Classroom Use? Student Use?
- How do you utilize a PLN within your busy schedule?
- Set up a semi-professional email account/begin setting up accounts w/in the PLN Tools
Please click here prior to the start of class.
What is a Personal/Professional Learning Network?
Often called a PLN, this is a network of people who share
resources, advice and techniques. Your network maybe professional,
social, or personal in network. Whatever your network's intention,
it's a great way to learn from others!
5 Reasons Why Teachers Should Network A good synopsis by Tanya Roscorla (Managing Editor of Converge Online)
To Learn With others
To serve your students
To access a dynamic resource
To extend your learning base
To stay engaged in education
As a participant in a social network/professional learning network, you may fall under one (or a few) of the following categories:
- Creators: Active publishers, writers, and "uploaders"
- Critics: Those who post comments, ratings, and reviews
- Collectors: Those who subscribe to RSS feeds and collect articles
- Joiners: Those who have profiles on various social networking sites
- Spectators: Those who do nothing but read blogs and watch videos.